Today the world of business or industry in Indonesia are faced with the free trade era where competition in the marketing of goods and services produced will be more stringent. Konsultan Iso Di Jakarta, The market will be overrun with various products from outside so that the quality of the products become determinant in the ability to compete.
This has led to the need for standardization of products in order to meet the conformity assessment and improve competitiveness so that a product can be accepted in the global market. To improve the competitiveness of a product, the product needs to get the label of SNI (Indonesian National Standard).
By having the label of SNI certificate then a product will benefit like, having a national quality so as to compete with similar products on the market and guaranteed product quality will improve consumer confidence in your product. In addition through quality testing, product with SNI label will be tested on a regular basis every 6 months to ensure conformity of the quality of the product.
Products Required to Have a Certificate of SNI
The products must have a certificate of SNI include: LPG, helmets, lights, electric cables, fertilizers, coffee, tea, cocoa, beverages, various kinds of oil, sugar, flour, iron and steel, glass, rubber, tires, and various construction materials. Therefore producers should understand the steps to take care of SNI certificate.
The following User Product Certificate application procedure Signs (SPPT) SNI:
1. Fill out the Application Form SPPT
checklist SPPT request accompanied by:
- Photocopying Quality Management System Certification SNI 19-9001-2001 (ISO 9001: 2000) certified. The certification is issued Quality System Certification Institute (LSSM) accredited by the National Accreditation Committee (KAN).
- If the form of imported products need to be accompanied by a certificate of origin and the country LSSM who have a Mutual Recognition Agreement (Mutual Recognition Arrangement / MRA) with KAN.
In this first stage process usually lasts for one day.
2. Verification Request
LSPro-Pustan to verify include: all of the requirements for SPPT, reach the location of the audit, the ability to understand the local language (if there is trouble, need local language interpreter for compliance audit). Furthermore, we will issue costs (invoices) to be paid producer. The verification process takes one day.
3. Audit Quality Management System Manufacturer
- Sufficiency Audit (review of documents): Checking the completeness and adequacy of quality management system documents SPPT manufacturers to requirements. If the results are found discrepancy major categories, applications should make corrections within a period of two months. If the correction is not effective producers, SPPT request will be rejected.
- Compliance Audit: Checking the suitability and effectiveness of the implementation of the Quality Management System at the site of the manufacturer. If the results are found discrepancy, the applicant must make corrections within a period of two months. If the correction action is not effective, then the IPC-Pustan Deperin will conduct a re-audit. When the re-audit results do not meet the requirements of SNI, petition manufacturers SPPT rejected.
The audit process typically takes at least 5 days.
4. Testing of Product Samples
If necessary samples for laboratory testing, the applicant ensure access to the assessors and Sampling Officials (PPC) to obtain records and documents related to the Quality Management System. In contrast, the IPC-Pustan Deperin warrant officers are experts in the field.
Tests carried out at the testing laboratory or inspection body that is accredited. If done in the laboratories of the manufacturer, takes the witness while testing. Given product samples Test Sample Label (LCU) and disagel. This process takes a minimum of 20 working days.
5. Assessment Product Sample
Testing Laboratory publishes Certification Test Results. When the test results do not meet the requirements of ISO, the applicant was asked to conduct a retest. If the test results do not fit the requirements of SNI, SNI Marking Product Certification petition is rejected.
6. Certification Decision
entire audit documents and test results become Review panel meeting material SPPT LSPro-Pustan Deperin. The process of preparing the materials usually takes 7 working days, while a day panel meeting.
7. Provision SPPT-SNI
LSPro-Pustan clarifying companies or manufacturers concerned. This clarification process needs 4 working days. The decision to grant the certificate by SNI Marking Product Certification Review Panel based on evaluation of products that meet: the administrative requirements (legality), the provision of SNI, and the production process and quality management system applied to ensure the consistency of product quality. If all conditions are met, the next day-Pustan LSPro Deperin published SPPT for product applicant.
8. Handling Costs SNI
Based on Government Regulation No. 63 of 2007, which applies to the Ministry of Industry, the cost of SNI as follows:
Thus the brief elaboration of the steps – the steps to get a certificate of SNI products. May be useful….